It’s a profound privilege that we are allowed to come before God’s throne boldly, and He will give us grace to help in our time of need (Hebrews 4:16). We can cast all of our cares on Him because he cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). We aren’t to worry about these issues but rather trust God with every detail of our lives.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
**NOTE** This list is refreshed at the beginning of each month. Please re-submit your prayer items accordingly.
A second great promise is that God already knows our needs before we ask (Matthew 6:8). As we pray for these needs, we acknowledge that all things work for our good & His glory (Romans 8:28-29), and we submit to His sovereignty. Like Jesus, we pray, “not my will, but thine, be done.
- Sweitzers – friends dealing with loss of son
- Adrian – my family, brothers who don’t believe in God, sister’s husband dealing with substance abuse and losing his business.
- Souders – Aaron’s safety on vacation away from home
- Madeline – dad needs job and has interview
- Steven – my family’s walk with God, to grow stronger in my faith; my two children as they go to college
- Mandy – my brother & his kids; grandfather in Texas; my back treatments to be effective; friend Tammy with colon cancer
- Jeremy – to understand God’s Word and live like He wants
- Claudette – health issues of mother-in-law Norma Jean, sister-in-law Lesa, and friend Leigh
- Zach – family business dealing with David vs Goliath type of case
- Missionary of the Month – Brian & Mindy Clark (London)
We are told to give thanks “in every thing;” so we are careful to thank God for hearing and providing our needs – even when His answers differ from our human wisdom.
- Sweitzers – friend’s son Carson died peacefully at home
- Sarah – New home close to family & friends
- Bennetts – God providing a first shift job for Jody after years of prayer
- Ashley – Carson’s salvation decision
- Anne – student with enlarged spleen has recovered and been cleared by doctor