Walk This Way
“Like father, like son.” It’s a famous cliché because of its truth. Within the heart of a loved child, lies a desire to be like their parent. Little sons pretend to go to work, play sports their dad enjoys, and can’t wait to shave like dad. Precious daughters try to wear mom’s shoes, long to put on her makeup & pretend to be the mommy of their dolls.
As a child of God, every born-again believer has an innate desire to be like his/her Heavenly Dad. But how can you be like a Person you can’t see with your physical eyes, hear with your physical ears, or touch with your physical hands? How can the finite be like the infinite, a mortal like an immortal, a human like a deity?
Ephesians 5 tells us how to be a follower God – like a child following his Heavenly dad. Paul outlines three “walks” that open the door of our understanding of what it means to be a follower of God.
1. What is a Follower of God? (7/14/13) by James DeKoker
2. Walk in Love pt. 1 (7/21/13) by James DeKoker
3. Walk in Love pt. 2 – the counterfeit of love (7/28/13) by James DeKoker
4. Walk in Light (8/4/13) by James DeKoker
5. Walk in Wisdom (8/11/13) by James DeKoker